- Login to your cPanel account.
- Go to Softaculous under Software.
- Find Drupal and click on it.
- Software setup page will appear
- Select the version you want to install
- Choose Protocol (LEAVE THE HHTPS AS THE DEFAULT PROTOCOL).
- Choose the Domain you want to install on.
- Under CRON Job use the default setting.
- Under Site Name enter the name you want for your site.
- Admin Username - Enter the username you will use to manage your Drupal website. We recommend you NOT use "admin" or your NetID for this administrative user name.
- Admin Password - Enter a strong password for the admin user.
- Admin Email - Enter a valid email address.
Advanced Options (these are optional)
- Under Database Name – choose a name to use for your database
- Under Table Prefix – leave the default
- Under Backup Location - Choose the default if you would like website backups done by Softaculous. Softaculous must be used to restore these backups.
- Under Automated Backups - Choose the frequency of backups. Keep in mind these backups will take up your cPanel disk space.
- Under Backup Rotation - Choose how many backups you would like to keep online for restores.
- When all is done click on Install. The process will take several minutes and when it's done you will get a message with a link to admin login for your new website.